Pin It

Thursday 14 August 2014

Techie Fun! ISTE Part One!


The past few months have been amazing!  This is me with Mobey at the Brain Pop booth at the ISTE conference in Atlanta Georgia!  I was lucky enough to attend this conference as part of a prize package in a contest I entered!  
  A while back in late January I created a short video about how we use technology in grade one and entered the 6th Annual Mind Share Learning  Digital Learning Video Challenge contest.   I thought it would give me a chance to learn how to use some different apps and be a great learning opportunity to help me become more proficient using the various apps.  I never dreamed that we would actually win!  Our entry was one of three winners in this contest in Canada.  


learning
mind share learning win
Needless to say we were very excited!
We won $15,000 worth of new technology for our school to use!   Still pinching myself everyday!  The video we entered showcases the work we have done in grade one using technology.


My principal  Mr. Brick took our picture just after the call to send to Mr. Robert Martellacci at Mind Share Learning for the press release.
SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
We are extremely lucky to receive a wide variety of amazing products to use in our classroom and our school as part of the prize package.  It definitely feels like Christmas! 


Another one of the prizes was the registration for the ISTE conference in Atlanta!  What an amazing conference!  I have always dreamed of attending this conference and it was so great to actually be able to achieve this dream.  I learned a lot at the conference and met some amazing people!  Too much to tell in just one post so I am going to spread it out over several!!! 
Watch for Techie Fun, Part Two! 


No comments:

Post a Comment